Flip through these pages.....

Monday, November 13, 2006

It truly transforms........

I started my journey as a christian almost a decade ago when i left home after secondary school. Coming from a home where both religions were practised, i had come in contact with the bible alot but to be honest it never went through me. Even as a professing xtian i still got my groove on and did whatever i wanted to do.
Early 2002, i relocated for the third time in my life to atlanta and during this transition i got involved with a religious sect. A year later i relocated once ago and decided to bag the whole religion thing it had become too much for me(just be a normal Joe i guess). Anywayz God had a different plan for me..........August 2003 i had my first true encounter with the person of Christ. Fastforward three months there were remarkable changes in my life......i decided to start this book blog to share my thoughts on some books that have helped me in this walk. I know i am still a work in progress......I know that He who has started a good work in me will certainly bring it to past.
Life Application Bible
The bible is the manual of every follower of Jesus Christ(our Basic Instruction Before Leaving Earth). This book was recommended to me by my former pastor and even though we are no longer as lovey dovey as we used to be i will forever be grateful to him for allowing God to use him as the vessel to reach out to my lost soul. The life application bible comes in various translation (i am a sucker for the NIV translation though).....there are no words to describe how useful this book is. It will help u study the word thoroughly(don't we all need to?). Its a worthwhile investment.........

8 Comments:

  • I own one too, but I dont use it that often though, hmm food for thought

    By Blogger Biodun, at November 14, 2006 10:55 pm  

  • hello funmi nice blog. i am a christian and sadly don't read my bible like i ought. Do u consider this life aplication a worthwhile investment? or should i just concentrate on my nIV?

    By Blogger chioma, at November 24, 2006 10:54 am  

  • thanks for coming by my blog. I really thank God for sparing my life and that of my children. I will get myself that bible for christmas,,.. God bless

    By Blogger chioma, at November 30, 2006 10:01 am  

  • hmmm ... u know, i actually came across that bible at the christian bookstore and noted it. I was either going to get that one or the amplified. Thanks for the reminder. Might as well just go pick it up once i get the chance!

    -- www.romanticaffairs.blogspot.com

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at December 16, 2006 6:25 am  

  • Oi.. I see I have to check this Bible out... Thanks for the pointer!

    By Blogger ♥♫♪nyemoni♫♪♥, at January 17, 2007 12:49 pm  

  • funmi, thanks for visiting my blog... u're a good writer....i really have to check the bible out also.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at January 18, 2007 5:56 pm  

  • This comment has been removed by the author.

    By Blogger Flygurle, at February 14, 2007 7:05 am  

  • Being a Christian truly isn't an easy task... i fin myself struggling but God has always been faithful enuff to catch me wen i fall.

    One thing i have also found helpful is "The Daily Bread"

    The specific messages it has daily has been very helpful. I am able to find passages i had been quoting but never really knew where they were ... something i wasn't able to do by just picking up the bible and reading.

    Before this gets too long...Thanks 4 stopping by my page and do enjoy ur day 2morrow :)

    By Blogger Flygurle, at February 14, 2007 7:09 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home